Play the Best Progressive Jackpots Slot Games Online
Play Progressive Slots Online Free
Progressive slots are mobile slots that can be played like free slot games online and for real money. These slots are online, and there is a possibility of finding land-based Progressive jackpots slots as well. One good question is, how do they work? Progressive jackpot slots are online pokies that are linked together to provide bigger jackpots. When gamers play the best free progressive slots, the jackpot amount keeps on increasing at a particular rate as gamer continues to spin the reels until the jackpot is won.
Offline Slot Games having progressive jackpots take a fraction of the bets of players and deposit them into a pool until a player claims the prize. How often do they hit? Winning occurs randomly, depending on the slot machine. Some slots offer multiple progressive jackpots making it easy for players to claim at least one of the prizes.
Progressive slot machines with bonus games. The progressive slot machines include bonus free spins and bonus features that can trigger the appearance of appropriate jackpot symbols. NetEnt, IGT (Wheel of Fortune), and other top developers have progressive slots with winning running into millions of dollars.
Progressive Slots are those which have progressive jackpots which increase each time player slots in a coin and spins the playing reels. A small fraction of every coin is used to grow the jackpot. When it comes to online games, progressives stand out because they do not online give you a chance to win a jackpot but multiple ones with only one game. Contrary to regular games with fixed jackpots that are based on your bet and the value of the symbols which form it, progressive slots have extra jackpots whose value changes.
Charles Fey created the first slot machine in 1985 before working with Mills Novelty Company to form the traditional 3 reel slots we are all familiar with. Over time, improved machines were manufactured with added features like multiple pay lines, 5 reel slot machines and progressive jackpots. International Gaming Technology (IGT) produced the first-ever progressive game in March 1986 and was a Local progressive slot. These days, progressive slot networks have expanded intercontinentally.
Progressive Vs Regular Slot
When deciding what kind of game to play and what game you can afford to play is an important consideration. Most people go for the slot that offers the biggest possible payout, i.e progressive slots. The question of which game type is better depends on a lot of factors. Firstly, odds of winning with a progressive slot machine rests on the particular game you are playing and is known as RTP % – Return to Player percentage. RTP is the percentage of money a player gets back when they play games. The odds of winning your money back is directly proportional to this value.
Regular slots usually have RTP that is greater than 90% while progressive slots are a bit trickier. There are a good number of people playing for the mega-jackpot so it is really a game of who gets to it first. Progressive pokies also come with extra rules and winning patterns that might be a bit more difficult to get. The progressive jackpot might even be tied to an extra game. Another factor to consider is your gaming style. If you are focused a mega win irrespective of cost, progressives are better for you. Your intended budget and playing time are also ideally high for a progressive slot game.
How to Play the Progressive Slot Machines
Though most people are already familiar with slot machines, you might be new to the concept. A slot machine is made for gambling on spinning reels. All reels have symbols on them and reels stop to showcase random symbols. There are predetermined combinations with which symbols should appear to cause payouts. Winning combinations are to be made across a pay line which in the classic 3-reel slot was a single horizontal line in the middle of the machine. Modern games are more complex and are usually 5-reeled with paylines of different configurations, some even adjustable. They also require you to place different bets on each pay line.
The original slot machines were made up of metallic reels, gears, and springs but these days most pokies have been computerized. A Random Number Generator (RNG) is computer software that determines outcomes.
Playing progressive slot machines is not really different from playing regular variants. It is however unique when it comes to jackpots because they feed on each coin slotted in, growing bigger and bigger until someone wins. Game controls are usually not different, they would be ‘Spin’ buttons for spinning reels, ‘Bet’ button for choosing bet per line, ‘AutoPlay’ for automatic spins and so on, depending on the particular machine. You should be able to access paytable and controls by clicking the ‘info’ button while panels for seeing your wins and bet amounts will be displayed by the reels.
How do the Progressive Jackpot Slots Work?
As mentioned above, jackpots increase as more people use the machine. An estimation of 10% of each dollar bet on a progressive game is added to the jackpot. When the jackpot is won, it returns to its initial value. Progressive slots have 2 jackpots, the primary and secondary jackpot. The primary jackpot is the biggest pot that can be won when a particular winning combo is gotten. It is usually shown on a big display above the pokie machine. Secondary jackpots are shown on smaller displays below the primary jackpot and are less in value but won much more frequently.
Progressive slot machines must be played with maximum bets to get the highest payout even though this is risky.
How to Win Progressive Slots
You must keep in mind that you may not make this big break. Try not to go overboard with the risk you are taking. Progressive jackpots usually announce the amount you stand to win, you should go for the biggest ones.
- Hitting the Jackpot with Progressive Slot Machines. The best payouts with progressive games come with using the maximum bet amount as your wager. This follows the idea that maximum wins require maximum stakes. Many people prefer to play on slots where the minimum bet is as low as $1 or even 25 cents but it can be a blow to win $1000 dollars when you could have won a progressive jackpot of $100,000.
- Odds & Advantages. The probability of winning jackpots on some progressive slots is varied and range from 30 to more than 40,000,000 to one. Every player has to decide how much of their money they want to invest in the quest for big wins but be that as it may, you still get to cash in on smaller payouts while basking in the thrill that you just might be the luckiest one.
- Jackpots Sizes in Casinos. Jackpot sizes are constantly increasing as players spin the reels. Major Millions and Mega Moolah Mega by Microgaming currently have jackpots at $1,705,882 and $4,812,248 respectively. Playtech’s DC Superhero has a jackpot that is over $1,000,000 right now. Space venture by Bwin Party is at about $3.2 million and so is Road hogs by PartyGaming.
- Payout Conditions. A common misconception is that casinos seed and payout jackpots when it is, in fact, the game developers who do so by pooling wagers from various casinos. They developers share profits with casinos who license their software. It is the developer’s job to ensure that players who hit jackpots are given their money. Some do this by paying the lucky gamer directly while others send the amount to the casino where the hit was made.
Some jackpots are remitted in installments while others are given in increments depending on the casino’s withdrawal limits. The payout size rests on the duration required to receive the money but this can be bypassed by playing with providers that offer lump sums.
Progressive Slot Providers and Games
Popular names like Microgaming, Aristocrat, and IGT provide progressive slots. They are well-known for their beautifully animated games and interesting bonus features. Buffalo diamond is by Aristocrat and Megabucks is by IGT. Microgaming has the famous Mega Moolah.
When it comes to the leading slot providers, IGT, Aristocrat, Microgaming, WMS, Konami, Playtech and Betsoft will be just a few of the names that people have come to expect quality slots from. IGT are often considered to be at the front of the pack and they have a ‘Mega Jackpots’ game type that turns many of their popular games into progressive ones. Cluedo and Monopoly are two board-game tie-in slots that IGT have developed and given the Mega Jackpots subheading and players the chance to win big.
Playtech are top producers too, with many of their Marvel Comics slots having progressive jackpots. Beach Life and the Age of the Gods series also come with pooled jackpots and have some of the most eye-watering figures you will see. As aforementioned, Mega Moolah is Microgaming’s most famous progressive game and it is one of the most popular on the market for good reason.
Types of Progressive Slots
There are 3 different kinds as mentioned earlier:
- Stand Alone. These are mostly seen in land-based machines and they are not connected to other slots with a fixed jackpot prize. A constant fraction of a player’s bet is added to the pot and given to the player who gets the winning combo. There is usually a meter by the reels that allow players to monitor their closeness to the jackpot. The rewards tend to be less than that of other variants.
- Local. Also known as in-house or proprietary progressive jackpots. They are a connected group of slots that are owned by one casino. These jackpots might not turn you into a multi-millionaire but they give significant wins. This type if jackpots might not be the most popular. However, it has a decent chance of paying out jackpots at the same time.
- Wide Area Network. These are the peoples’ favorite because they offer gargantuan prices. These progressive slots are linked together through different casinos sometimes even regardless of whether the casinos are virtual or land-based. They have an operator who is responsible for regulating them but they are usually created by third-party software companies. Chances of winning are very minute and it is just based on luck.
- The Most Popular Progressive Online Slots. Many progressive online slots are popular due to their creative themes, wonderful graphics and animations and of course the hope of winning huge sums. There numerous software developers struggling to make it into the hearts of players worldwide and some brands are well-known like IGT, NetEnt, Microgaming, and Playtech.
Below are a few of the most popular progressive online slots:
- Mega Fortune. It is a modern slot with 5 reels and 25 fixed pay lines that has a luxurious theme which reminds you of all the riches that could be yours. It has Free Spins and a growing Multiplier. It has a Wide Area Network and two local jackpots. At some point, it held the Guinness World Record for the biggest pay-out before passing it to the next slot.
- Mega Moolah. It is the current holder of the Guinness World Record where a player bagged $12.7 million. Though created by Microgaming Mega Moolah is similar to Megafortune in its reel and payline configuration. It is supposed to be the most popular slot in existence. They are variants to the game but the original remains the most played.
- Aztec Millions. It is also a 5 reel, 25 pay line it features a theme based on Aztec symbolism and culture. It offers free spins and a random progressive jackpot that is activated by getting 5 Aztec Million icons on playing wheels.
Top 7 Tips to Play Progressive Slots No download
- Always key in real data when registering for real money play to avoid difficulties in withdrawing your wins.
- Go through the terms and conditions of the casino you are registering on to ensure that you don’t put yourself in a difficult position.
- Research the odds of winning before playing any progressive game so you don’t set your expectations too high.
- Don’t get hooked up on one machine just because it has paid out in the past. Games use random-number generators and wins are based on luck.
- Try not to play slots on credit as this is bad for your financial well-being.
- Choose a budget before gaming and don’t be tempted to deviate from it.
- Look for casinos that offer no-deposit bonuses to get some free spins or cash to play.
Stake Limits. RTP. Payouts
Stake limits depend on the game. However, in order to win the jackpot, you need to place the maximum bet. The RTPs of progressive slots are mostly lower than that of regular games. They find themselves between 86 to 92%. Mega Moolah’s RTP, for example, is 90%. Usually, the jackpots are between $100,000 to $1,000,000. Megabucks has paid jackpots of almost $40 million while Mega Moolah and Mega Fortune have paid up to £18 million.
Areas & Regions of Availability
Online casinos have resulted in increased availability of progressive slots worldwide. There is almost no barrier to staking too because of the many options when it comes to payment methods. Gambling is legal in the UK, Canada, Australia, and the US as long as players are over 18. Just make sure that the casino you are playing on is licensed.
In the United Kingdom, although online gambling is legal, playing online slots for free is not. Recently introduced regulations have banned games being played in demo versions, as it was of the belief that this encouraged more people to start gambling. Despite this, you can still register with an online casino and start playing for real money.
In Canada, whilst there are no regulations towards players, companies must receive the proper authorisation to launch an online casino, with it considered illegal if they fail to meet guidelines. Similar situations are present in Australia where there are few restrictions on the side of the player.
Real Money vs Free Progressive Slots Jackpot. Real money slots are available on licensed casinos and there you have to fund your account using different payment methods. Free games are on all casinos. Here your wins will be in virtual money but you can enjoy the games risk-free.
How often do progressive slots hit wins of any shape?
This mainly depends on the game’s RTP and can be anywhere from 1 in 40 to 1 in a million. Generally, the way to approach looking for a progressive game to play is by looking at the RTP. A slot with an RTP above 95% is generally considered to be of good standard, with at least $95 of every $100 put into the game coming back out to players.
Are non-progressive slots still good to play?
Yes, they are. Your slot choice depends on your playing style. The primary difference is that you are far more likely to hit the jackpot with a fixed jackpot slot, as you are not ‘competing’ with other players. However, the potential for massive wins is greater with progressive slots. Therefore if you are just chasing any jackpot, stick to the fixed games, whilst those with stars in their eyes should play with progressive games instead.
What are the most popular progressive slots in Las Vegas?
Megabucks, Mega Moolah, and Jackpot Giant are amongst the most popular. All of these have land-based equivalents which helped them very quickly emerge in the online gambling world. Many of the most popular progressive games started life as land-based machines.
RTP is the ‘return to player’ rate; coming in percentage form. It measures the amount of money that is put into the game that gets returned to players. For example, a slot with an RTP of 95% will see $95 of every $100 wagered put back into the game as winnings. It varies for different slots but they are generally between 90 to 97%. Anything above 95%, however, is considered to be an optimal rate by experts.
How progressive jackpot slots work?
Progressive jackpots games work with the same principle as with any slot: matching combinations of symbols from one direction to another across one of the lines in-play. What makes progressive games differ is their jackpots, which are pooled from all players across the globe before being eventually won and paying out huge dividends.
How to win progressive jackpots?
There are a few basic tips to increase your chances of winning but remember to only bet what you can afford to lose. Using a low minimum bet gives you more spins with the slot and therefore more chances to try and hit the jackpot. Similarly, it gives you further opportunities to unlock free spins or other bonus rounds. Finding a game with a high RTP is also important, as this can give you an advantage of odds heading into the game.